It’s a Four-Peat! Riverbed a ‘Leader’ in the Gartner NPMD Magic Quadrant for the Fourth Consecutive Year
It’s always great to be recognized for your efforts. So Riverbed is proud to announce that, for the fourth consecutive year, Gartner has placed Riverbed SteelCentral™ in the Leaders quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Network Performance Monitoring and Diagnostics (NPMD).
Our appearance in the 2017 report means that Riverbed is one of only two companies that have been in this Magic Quadrant from the beginning. Check out the full report, including the Riverbed section, today.
What does it mean to be a Leader?
According to Gartner, “The Leaders quadrant represents those vendors that are pushing the NPMD market forward, including those with comprehensive portfolios and the ability to handle broad sets of data inputs and analytics techniques. They offer a choice of hardware or software appliances for optimum flexibility, while making formerly premium-priced NPMD solutions attainable to the broader market. All Leaders offer a high degree of application-aware insight and visibility, along with advanced troubleshooting and diagnostics workflows.”
Gartner notes that “NPMD tools provide this required breadth and depth of visibility in both real-time and historical perspectives by uniquely analyzing data from all three of the following techniques: device polling, flow-based technology, and packet-based technology. Previous approaches that only take into account one or two of these data sources have proven to be inadequate.” Riverbed is proud that the SteelCentral suite integrates a number of tools to offer total visibility and help you monitor everything about your network.
SteelCentral: Looking good, and getting better
Riverbed hasn’t been resting on our laurels since being recognized in 2016’s NPMD Magic Quadrant:
- One of the biggest moves in the NPM space this past year has been the launch of SteelCentral AppResponse 11, an integration of our APM and NPM offerings in which 90% of the code was written from scratch. The results: New workflows and analysis that simplifies and speeds troubleshooting.
- Riverbed has also worked to integrate the End User Experience (EUE) monitoring capabilities it acquired with Aternity into the SteelCentral suite. In its report, Gartner noted that “further SteelCentral integration and simplification will allow Riverbed to better leverage its strong partner and distribution network to the benefit of its customers.” Nik Koutsoukos, vice president of product marketing at Riverbed, says that “with EUE, we’re going to make end user experience very relevant to network performance management going forward.”
These integrations are proof that Riverbed is delivering on its promised roadmap for SteelCentral. And we’ve got more innovation on the way, including:
- New, improved app modules
- “TruePlot” visualizations to help you find anomalies faster
- Integrated monitoring to help you get SD-WAN right
- A new high-end box with more than 1PB of data storage and faster processing
“The truth,” says Koutsoukos, “is that none of the other NPMD magic quadrant leaders has a complete performance visibility and insight platform like SteelCentral. We’re honored to have been continuously recognized, and excited about what the future holds.”
About the Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant graphic above was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Riverbed.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.